University of Bern, ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research, Gerontechnology & Rehabilitation
Education and Academic Career
- PhD Student, Gerontechnology & Rehabilitation ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research, University of Bern (Nov 2014)
- Research Assistant, Virtual Reality Lab, Institute of Cognitive Psychology, Perception, and Research Methods, University of Bern (2013-2014)
- Master of Science in Psychology, University of Bern (2013), Thesis: Development and first validation of a material-specific, associative recognition memory protocol for presurgical memory assessment in epilepsy
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Bern (2010)
- Minor: Biology and Neuroscience
Gerber, Stephan Moreno; Jeitziner, Marie-Madlen; Wyss, Patric; Chesham, Alvin; Urwyler, Prabitha; Müri, René Martin; Jakob, Stephan; Nef, Tobias (2017). Visuo-acoustic stimulation that helps you to relax: A virtual reality setup for patients in the intensive care unit. Scientific Reports, 7(1), pp. 1-10. Nature Publishing Group 10.1038/s41598-017-13153-1
Vallejo, Vanessa; Wyss, Patric; Chesham, Alvin; Mitache, Vladimir Andrei; Müri, René Martin; Mosimann, Urs Peter; Nef, Tobias (2017). Evaluation of a new serious game based multitasking assessment tool for cognition and activities of daily living: Comparison with a real cooking task. Computers in human behavior, 70, pp. 500-506. Elsevier 10.1016/j.chb.2017.01.021
Chesham, Alvin; Wyss, Patric; Müri, René Martin; Mosimann, Urs Peter; Nef, Tobias (2017). What Older People Like to Play: Genre Preferences and Acceptance of Casual Games. JMIR Serious Games, 5(2), e8. JMIR Publications 10.2196/games.7025
Klatt, Wilhelm; Chesham, Alvin; Lobmaier, Janek (2016). Putting Up a Big Front: Car Design and Size Affect Road-Crossing Behaviour. PLoS ONE, 11(7), e0159455. Public Library of Science 10.1371/journal.pone.0159455
Urech, Antoine; Krieger, Tobias; Chesham, Alvin; Mast, Fred W.; Berger, Thomas (2015). Virtual reality-based attention bias modification training for social anxiety: A feasibility and proof of concept study. Frontiers in psychiatry, 6(154), pp. 1-5. Frontiers 10.3389/fpsyt.2015.00154
Conference or Workshop Item
Klatt, Wilhelm; Chesham, Alvin; Bobst, Cora; Lobmaier, Janek (17 June 2015). When you cross the road depends on car design and size. In: Adapted Mind, Adapted Body: the Evolution of Human Behavior and its Neuroendocrine Regulation. Erice, Sicily. 17.-22.06.2015.
Klatt, Wilhelm; Chesham, Alvin; Bobst, Cora; Lobmaier, Janek (29 March 2015). Car Design and Road Crossing Behaviour. In: Annual Conference of the European Human Behaviour and Evolution Association (EHBEA). Helsinki, Finland. 29.03.-01.04.2015.